Abdullah Mahmoud Shoeb
1. Personal Details
Name : Abdullah Mahmoud Shoeb
Place of Birth : Giza, Egypt
Gender : Male
Religion : Muslim
Nationality : Egyptian
Postal Address : Computer Science Dept., Faculty of Computers and Information,
Fayoum Univ., Fayoum, Egypt.
Email : email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Family Status : Married
Main Discipline : Computer Science and Information Technology
Specialty : Electronic Commerce and System Modelling
Work No. : 084 – 6379562 Mobile No. : 01110118280
Present Job : Lecturer in Computer Science Dept., Faculty of Computers &
Information, Fayoum Univ., Fayoum, Egypt.
Languages : Arabic (mother tongue) – English.
- B.Sc. in Computational Math. and Computer Science, May 1995, Faculty of Science, Cairo Univ., Cairo, Egypt.
- M.Sc. in Computer Science, March 2000, Math. Dept., Faculty of Science, Cairo Univ., Fayoum Branch, Fayoum, Egypt.
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, July 2009, Math. Dept., Faculty of Science, Fayoum Univ., Fayoum, Egypt.
3. Positions and Activities:
- Coordinator of Integrated University Management System Project (IUMS) to represent Faculty of Computers and Information, Fayoum Univ. Since July 2009.
- Manager of Quality Assurance Unit, Faculty of Computers and Information, Fayoum Univ. Since August 2009 to Feb. 2011.
- Manager of "Raising the efficiency of the use of information and communication technology in education" Project. Since September 2009 to Feb. 2011.
- Manager of electronic courses production center, Fayoum Univ. Since September 2009 to Feb. 2011.
- Trainer of more than 12 TOT programs held in universities of Cairo, Alexandria, Kafrelsheikh, Tanta, Mansoura, Minia, Benha, Suez Canal and Fayoum organized by Pathways to higher education project since March 2011.
- Coordinator of Pathways Special Training Programs:
1- Development of Leadership Skills
2- Training of Trainers
3- Training of English Trainers
4- Training of Entrepreneurship Trainers
5- Electronic Media and Mind Mapping
6- Mind Building and Career Counseling
7- Development English Skills for VIP's (DEV)
8- Other Special Training Programs
- Trainer of "Enhancement of Entrepreneurship Skills", the content prepared by International Labour Organization, the training held in universities of Alexandria and Helwan, 2012.
- Supervisor of M.Sc. and many faculty graduation projects.
- Member of Faculty of Computers and Information board since November 2011 to August 2012.
4. Attend Training Programs:
- Enhancement of Research Skills (ERS), 2004
- Development of Leadership Skills (DLS), 2005
- Training of Trainers (TOT), 2005
- An Introduction to E-Learning, 2006
- FLDP Programs, 2006:
Use of Technology in Teaching
Evaluation of Teaching
- Egyptian Universities Library Web Portal Program, 2007
- Preparation of College Teacher, 2009
- FLDP Programs, 2009:
Management of Research Team
Exam System and Evaluation of Students
- Know about Business, Entrepreneurship Education, International Labour Organization, 2012
a. Employment Record:
- Demonstrator in Mathematics Dept., Faculty of Science, Cairo Univ., Fayoum Branch, Egypt. From June 1996 to April 2000.
- Assistant lecturer in Mathematics Dept., Faculty of Science, Cairo Univ., Fayoum Branch, Egypt, from 2000 to 2006.
- Assistant lecturer in Computer Science Dept., Faculty of Computers & Information, Fayoum Univ., Fayoum, Egypt., from 2006 to 2009.
- Lecturer in Computer Science Dept., Faculty of Computers & Information, Fayoum Univ., Fayoum, Egypt., since 2009.
I have taught the following courses for the undergraduate students:
- Analysis and Design of Algorithms
- Programming Languages: Delphi, BASIC, Pascal, FORTRAN 77 and C, C++.
- Computational Mathematics
- Formal languages and automata
- Modeling and simulation
- Computer security techniques
- Neural networks
- Operations research
- Operating Systems
- Computer Graphics
- Compilers and Interpreters
- Selected Topics in Software Engineering
c. Laboratory Teaching
- Faculty of Science, Cairo Univ., Fayoum Branch, Fayoum, Computer Lab.
- Faculty of Education, Cairo Univ., Fayoum Branch, Fayoum, Computer Lab.
- Faculty of Computer & Information Sciences, Fayoum Univ., Fayoum, Computer Lab.
d. Participation of International Education Development Projects
- Member of the Egyptian team for the project, New Vision of Engineering Economy Teaching Project (www.sdl.cu.edu.eg). The partners are Egyptian, Italian, British and Greek staff, funded by Tempus program, Project No. SCM M003A04, European Union, July 2004 – December 2006.
- Member of the Main Administrative team for the project, Pathways to Higher Education Project (PHE), Egypt (www.pathways.cu.edu.eg). The partners are all Egyptian governmental Universities, National Council for Women, Social Fund for Development and Ford Foundation, USA, Since April 2005.
- Member of the Monitoring and Evaluation team for the project, Pathways to Higher Education Project (PHE), Egypt, Since Sept. 2007.
- Training courses in the independent-self financed unit in faculty of science, Cairo university, Fayoum branch, 2000
- IT Diploma in web designing and development, IBM, Fayoum, Egypt, 2001.
- Training courses in Pathways to Higher Education, Egypt since January 2006.
- Sharing in setting and editing “Directory of Post-Graduate Theses” for Faculty of Engineering, Cairo Univ., in Center of Advancement of Post-Graduate Studies and Research in Engineering Sciences – Cairo University, 1997.
- A. M. Shoeb, A. Hashem and S. Kaseb, "A Pilot e-Training Program for Pathways to Higher Education, Egypt", Third Conference on "e-Learning Applications", The American University in Cairo (AUC), Egypt, January 15th – 16th, 2005.
- Participating in the committee of preparation and directing of the book "Pathways' Poets … Our Divan", ISBN: 977-403-335-3.
- E-course "Computer Security Techniques", June 2011.
- E-course "Formal Languages and automata", July 2011.
- Two MCQ Banks of the courses: "Computer Security Techniques" and "Formal Languages and automata", August 2011.
7. Software Developing
I have developed the following software packages, but not limited to:
- Sharing in design and implementing a computer program to automate post-graduate management, Faculty of Engineering, Cairo Univ., in Center of Advancement of Post-Graduate Studies and Research in Engineering Sciences – Cairo University, 1996.
- Library Automation Program (LAP)
Design and develop library automation program for library of faculty of science, Fayoum, 2004. This system applied in Faculty of science and faculty of computers and information, Fayoum University.
- Computer assisted enhancement of physics, mathematics and chemistry teaching project
Developing virtual lab experiments in Mathematics, 2005.
8. Websites Development
I have participating in the team who developed and maintained the following websites:
- Third Conference on "e-Learning Applications", American University in Cairo (AUC), Egypt, January 15th – 16th, 2005.
10. Research Interests
- Data Mining
- Modelling and Simulation
- Computer Security
- Numerical Computations
11. Other Activities:
- Local Area Network Supervisor in Hebton Tours company, Nasr City Branch, worked by Novell 3.1x (25 users). 1996-2001.
- Teaching courses of Math. & Computer Science in Saudi-Arabia, 1996.
- Teaching training courses in Computer SW, languages and packages in private sector, 1996-2003.